Intelligence Marine Information?
Create Post

Intelligence Marine Information?

Hello Marines, ive been pretty gung ho for infantry since i was around 8 years old. But now that I have a serious girlfriend im looking into other jobs that will still be rewarding. Is intelligence a rewarding job? Does it fill up quickly in October when i will select a job? And more importantly what type of jobs would this qualify me for outside of the corps? Thanks for the help! anything is appreciated!

A. Frey

Also is it a relatively safe job when you deploy? obviously no MOS is 100% safe but im looking for a safer job than infantry.

If you are looking for 'safe', then the Marine Corps isn't your best option by a long shot. Intelligence Marines get killed just like Infantry, Supply, and anyone else.

If you really want 'safe', try the Air Force, or the Navy. Both have very good Intell programs.

Time to decide, are you going to be 'safe' all your life? If so, just find that comfy cubicle now, and avoid the Christmas rush. Nothing, not a damn thing, is 'safe' in this world.

I understand that no one is safe. im just trying to get a view of the mos

Quote Originally Posted by Afrey View Post
    I understand that no one is safe. im just trying to get a view of the mos
    Don't be disappointed if you don't get much information on the Internet about Intell. Maybe the basics, but you have to commit just to get your foot in the door.

Good luck, plenty of basic stuff out there using the site search feature, maybe a sticky or two on this site from Marines who have BTDT, and then Google is your friend.

Quick over view of intel as I see it without revealing more than I can I guess.

11's are humint they do interrogations and collect information
    31's are supposed to be all fusion disemminating the information through the chain of command
    41's look at imagery
    61's are topo
    there are a few others im not sure what they do but im sure they do somethings.

Thread Information